As we continue to feel the impact of COVID-19, we feel it is important to share what we are doing at JMC to navigate this evolving situation.
We are working to maintain our levels of service and ensure the health and well-being of our staff. We are continually monitoring official updates, and have taken precautionary steps in accordance with Public Health England guidelines.
We have set out below the steps we are taking to maintain a safe and reliable service for you on an ongoing basis;
- A number of members of staff are now working from home and, if and when required, all staff will be working from home.
- We will only be attending meetings where absolutely necessary and have facilities to liaise via conference calls, Skype, Zoom, loop up etc.
- Staff working from home have secure remote desktop logins with full access to our server, so work on all projects is continuing as normal.
- All staff can be contacted on their mobiles or direct dials (which will be diverted if staff are working from home).
- We are continuing to carry out survey work where safe and necessary, with staff using company vehicles rather than public transport.
In specific relation to properties that we manage and collect rent and other payments;
- We have emailed all tenants reminding them of the Government guidelines and the need to inform us of Covid-19 cases in multi occupied buildings;
- We are in regular contact with our service providers at the sites we manage (cleaners, contractors, security guards etc) to ensure that services are continuing as usual and in particular building are being cleaned thoroughly.
- We will continue to provide a proactive and reactive service for any repairs of a cyclical or urgent nature.
- A number of tenants are contacting us with a requests for a rent holiday for the next rental amounts due, we will take client instructions on a case by case basis.
As the spread of coronavirus remains uncertain, we will continue to monitor the situation, and provide updates should any changes to our operations occur.
We look forward to continuing to provide you with the very best support and helping you manage during these unprecedented times.
Thank you for your on-going support, we wish you the very best of health.
JMC Chartered Surveyors & Property Consultants